Tuesday, August 01, 2006

His Grace

If you check this blog very often, you know I haven't posted in a while... the last week has been totally consumed with wedding preparations! But, I think I am finally rested up and there are some blessings I'd like to share and give God praises for!

Our 2nd month's COBRA is taken care of, and was a major concern, so we are very thankful for that! We were also having major battle with Mark's former employer, who was trying to keep the money we had saved in our flexible spending account... and not reimburse us for medical expenses we'd incurred during June. I have been praying about this for weeks because I knew that the company was totally in the wrong, plus we could not afford to lose the money. I'd feel sick if I thought about it very long... I had to keep handing it back over to God. Mark had saved all of his paycheck stubs, and was finally able to prove that what they were telling us wasn't true and that we were entitled for medical reimbursements through the entire month of June. We are SO very thankful that it appears this battle may be won.... as we had hundreds of dollars in medical expenses we were going to have to try to pay, while losing all the money we had saved in the FSA... it was like paying twice for all of those things at a time when we have no income. (And, Mark, I will not complain about saving ALL of your pay stubs any more!!!)

A couple of "wow" moments... and will try to give the short version so this post isn't horribly long! The first being totally non-job loss related... Our son's wedding was to be held outside on his in-law's property. On the drive out there, the temperature was 95 degrees and we were really worried about the guests and wedding attendants getting ill from the heat. Amazingly and miraculously, a storm moved into the area... came within a few miles of the wedding site but no further. It cooled the temperature 20 degrees just before the wedding!!! Now, God would be good whether He gave us the cooler temps or not, but we asked and for some reason He said YES in a big way!

The other thing I wanted to share is that yesterday I needed to go to the Mills to return something bought for the wedding and not needed afterall.... the boys said they wanted to go to, "to get out of the house". I asked my daughter about going, but she was somewhat melancholy and said something about needing a dress and asked if I could buy one for her. I, of course, sadly told her "no, I can't, I'm sorry." But, I talked her into coming anyway to just spend some time together. As we went to the van, we got the mail out of the mailbox, and there was an envelope there for my daughter. It had a money gift inside with a note that SHE was to use the money. Now, once again, God is good regardless as to whether he provides things like this... but I think that HE knew that she needed this at this very, exact moment. The timing was absolutely a God-thing.

Thank you, Father for all you have done to display your Grace to us in so many ways.

Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers. It truly gets us through the most difficult days. Mark has applied for more jobs this week, continue to pray that the Lord direct his steps and opens the doors HE wants us to go through.

No comments: