Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Display of His Glory

Tomorrow it will be two months since Mark was released from his job. I look back over these days and am in awe.... I could not have imagined that we'd make it even a month without Mark's income, to be quite honest. We've always had to live on a very tight budget and I just didn't think it was possible to live on less or budget more carefully than we already did! Mark didn't receive any kind of severance package, other than unused vacation pay so it is just miraculous... our loving Father has multiplied our "loaves and fishes".... And when I begin to worry, again and again God reminds me "the flour and oil will remain unempty until the rains come again"!

Even though we are only two months into the situation, we are already see God's hand and wisdom in it all.... Mark is out of a spiritually bad environment, out of a company that doesn't take good care of their employees, out of travel (which he had been praying for), and he has grown more spiritually than ever before. He had been praying to become a more caring, merciful, generous individual, and he believes that is all being born out of this experience. We've both grown much closer to God. I am learning a lot about releasing worries to God.... about trusting Him with it all... about faith and the reality of our God and all He is able and willing to do.

I can honestly say that I am thankful for the situation, although it is painful. But, I feel so honored, in a way.... I know that may sound strange.... but He has given us a "front seat view" to an amazing display of His glory! Every time He comes through with what we need at the precise moment we need it... I just want to fall down and worship... Trials and obstacles are just an opportunity for God to show us his love, power and presence in our lives!

Thank you to all of our amazing friends. I am praying that every person who has helped us through prayers, gifts, words of encouragement, etc. will receive blessings and that they, too, will see the awesome and amazing hand of God in their lives as clearly as we have. I pray that the faith of all who have been witness to this situation will become deeper and more true. And most of all, I pray that God might use our situation to win some into His fold... that they might gain the greatest gift of all... an everlasting relationship with Him.

Exalt the LORD our God
and worship at His footstool;
He is holy. Ps. 99:5

No comments: