Monday, August 28, 2006

Consider it all JOY

On Friday I was praying over our finances and asked God for His provision, once again. Then, today we received a note from a friend (dated Thursday) saying that she had been praying God would provide enough money to take care of our needs as well as some spending cash for us to have fun with. Later that very day her family received some unexpected money in the mail, and she felt it was God's answer to that prayer. Isn't it amazing that I was praying about this on Friday, but on Thursday God was already working out the answer? I'm so thankful for this, and also thankful that friends continue to remember our situation in their prayers!

I guess we don't learn much until we have to apply it. I am understanding this is why God has to allow dark times to come into our lives. Developing faith and trust in Him is more important than our comfort...

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
And let endurance have its perfect result,
so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

James 1: 2-4


No comments: