Sunday, August 20, 2006

He continues to provide

I don't have exciting events to report... yet, God has provided in non-dramatic but very practical ways this week... through Mark and I both having birthdays this month (and the gifts that come with that!), a friend's gift which covered groceries (thank you, sister), medical refund checks that will help with school costs.... etc. Since the job loss, every true need we've had has been met. We've not asked anyone but God for assistance, and it has always been there when we've needed something. He's provided for us in so many ways... through family, friends, annonymous gifts, book sales, even rebates and insurance refunds..... always arriving at the time we had a need.

We continue to pray for God's direction. I believe that God is still working some things out in my heart through this (while He has a captive audience!)... I think that He is showing me that I haven't given everything in my life over to Him. I believe He has given me this verse to meditate on:
"For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His."
2Chron. 16:9

That promise just amazes me to no end.
Praying that my heart be completely his.

No comments: