Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Cast All Your Anxiety Upon Him Because He Cares for You

God is so good... I was feeling down and He reminded me of some needs he provided for over the past week or so that I should share with you! First of all, our son developed an bad infection in his toe, so we had to see a doctor over the weekend and then had to go to have some minor in-office surgery on it at a podiatrist's office. The kinds of things that cost big bucks if you don't have insurance. I have to say thank you to God and to my parents for the fact that we have the COBRA coverage.

Secondly, I had just received gift card from Walgreens... one I got it from rebates (they usually have "free after rebate" items each month and you can have the rebate put on a gift card)... and in God's perfect timing, we needed to get an antibiotic from Walgreen's for my son. Plus, the gift card had enough money on I was able to buy a couple of items we needed that just happened to be "free after rebate". So, recycling that money!


I already shared about our flexible spending account and how Mark's former employer was trying to keep the money... and Mark was eventually able to prove that their scenario (why they said we weren't entitled to withdraw from it) wasn't true. Over the weekend, we received the medical reimbursement checks for our claims in June and in the end we ended up getting every penny of our FSA money back! This is something we are extremely thankful and needed to have happen.

I also forgot mention, one Monday (2 weeks ago) I was offered some additional bread from the church which gives free bread.... it was excess they had leftover. Turned out, when I went at my regular time they were out of bread... so once again, he supplied the bread earlier in the week when HE knew we wouldn't get it on Friday!

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

No comments: