Sunday, September 30, 2007

How cool! I won?!!!

When I was given the "Fruit of the Spirit Graphic" to display on my blog a few months ago it kind of opened up the blogosphere to me. Yes, I'd been keeping a blog for over a year, but I guess I never realized there was a whole blogging community of Christian women out there.

But after receiving the Fruit of the Spirit Graphic, I started visiting some of the other sites that display the graphic... from time to time, I've browsed and following little rabbit trails throughout various blogs. I've found some amazing spiritual content out there and some just plain ol' great writing, too! One day I came across a blog with cute little purses embroidered with scriptures for sale. I showed my daughter and we oohed and aahed over them for a while. A few weeks later, I saw that Iris of Sting My Heart was giving away one of these cute little purses... but I never win anything and I didn't really consider entering. But, you know how some thoughts become nagging? Well, I thought about it several times during the day and ended up talking myself into going back to the blog and posting to enter the drawing.

Guess what? I won! It is such a blessing I cannot even tell you how much! I think God hand- picked this one for a little encouragement. The last few weeks have been some of the toughest of the last year for me. God knew... and God blessed.

Of course, it was just a terrific ending for a beautiful week after the birth of our little princess-grandbaby on Wednesday!

Thank you, Iris and God bless you! (I hope you had a wonderful birthday!)

1 comment:

eph2810 said...

Yes, I had a wonderful week of vacation and a great birthday :) - Thank you.
Yes, I agree with you -- God hand-picked your name of the list; I knew it when I visited you...

I hope to 'see' you around soon.

Blessings to you and yours, especially to your little granddaughter.