Sunday, October 07, 2007

Holy, Holy, Holy

I received my purse Saturday and it is sooooo cute! But, what I love best is the scripture-- a simple verse, but so profound. Perhaps God chose it for me, so that every time I pick it I'll think of His love, power and provision in my life.

I've been studying Revelation in my Precept Bible class this quarter and it has been awesome to do this course again. I went through it before in 1994 and it has been interesting to pull out my old books and revisit my notes, especially in light of today's world, post 9/11. In addition, I have been doing Daniel: Lives of Integrity, Words of Prophecy by Beth Moore. To study those two books side-by-side.... WOW! All of scripture has an intricate pattern and works together to reveal our Lord and Savior in mind boggling ways.

I have been doing a lot of praying about my present trials and I think God is using it to make me desperate to know Him better.... Take away all the crutches in life, and what do you have left? I was very moved while studying Revelation and seeing the those who sit around His throne day and night continuously worship and say, "Holy, Holy, Holy".

These creatures see all that God does.... they see all of His judgments, they are intimately acquainted with His character, they know Him in ways we will never know Him this side of heaven. And they are still so awestruck they continually worship and tell God how holy He is!

"Day and night they never stop saying:
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,
who was, and is, and is to come."
.... (they) fall down before him who sits on the throne,
and worship him who lives for ever and ever.
They lay their crowns before the throne and say:


"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."

Does this not sound like a God we can trust to carry us through the darkest of times?
Does this not sound like a God worthy of all praise and honor?

.

No comments: