Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I Remember You...

I admit it, I was feeling down for the last several days. We feel that we are proceeding down the path God has laid before us, yet I was praying that God would reassure me that he would care for all of our needs between now and the time when this business can support us. He reminded me of the many things He has done... the cross in the wallet, the spending money for my kid's mission trips, going to the grocery store with very little money but leaving with everything we needed, his provision of cleaning supplies, and most of all God's reminder of His assurance that He will not let our flour and oil become empty until the rains come again.

I ended up rereading through much of this blog. May I suggest, whether you are going through a trial or not, to consider keeping a spiritual journal? For Mark and I, it has helped us to look back and remember when God spoke to us or provided for us during these difficult months. It is no surprise really.... God seems to put a lot of importance in remembering. He is often telling the Jewish people to remember this or that. Many times in the Bible he'll have them make a visual reminder -- for example, when He instructed them to make piles of rocks as a reminder of the day they crossed the Jordan on dry ground. In addition, if you get out a concordance and look up the word REMEMBER you will find a long list of scriptures. WOW! Remembering IS something God wants us to do.

I received great encouragement through remembering.... but to top it off, when I went to the mailbox yesterday I found that someone had given us a gift to help with groceries. (Thank you!)

I am praising Him, not just for this gift, but just for WHO HE IS! That He is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient... that He is loving and kind. That He sent Jesus as our Savior. Through Jesus we can have a direct and close relationship with God. We don't have an impersonal God!! We can know Him intimately and can talk to Him and walk with Him every day.

From Psalm 63:

2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.

3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.

7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.

8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

~*~