Saturday, March 17, 2007

May the People Know that YOU, the LORD are GOD

I was about to write a request that you pray that our tax return arrive because we needed it to live on this month. But, just as I started to write our mail carrier came and it was here, finally! I resisted the temptation to worry about the money by turning it back to prayer whenever I felt worry coming on! I learned we were running out of money about the same time I noticed our dog's food was almost gone. As I often do, I said, "Lord, I know you see that!" About two days later, we received some WalMart gift cards in the mail so we bought some food for them and some food for us! God is a God of lovingkindness to even have concern for our pets.

We have made our decision. We're proceeding with the business and April 9th will be the official day we begin. I was reading the story of Elijah yesterday.... where the flour and oil were promised to not become empty until the rains came again.... I noticed that the passage is in I Kings. I told Mark it was an interesting coincidence that the company just happens to be Kingdom Inspections Network Group (KING). :-D Not that it necessarily means anything, but a neat coincidence that made me smile.

I was moved by the prayer of Elijah in the following chapter when he wants the Lord to move to show that Jehovah is the ONE TRUE GOD after a long drought......

...."O God, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, make it known right now that you are God in Israel, that I am your servant, and that I'm doing what I'm doing under your orders. Answer me, God; O answer me and reveal to this people that you are God, the true God, and that you are giving these people another chance at repentance."

Immediately the fire of God fell and burned up the offering, the wood, the stones, the dirt, and even the water in the trench.

All the people saw it happen and fell on their faces in awed worship, exclaiming,


"God is the true God! God is the true God!"....


Elijah said to Ahab,
"Up on your feet! Eat and drink—celebrate!

Rain is on the way; I hear it coming."

No comments: