Thursday, July 13, 2006

Tough Day / Good Day

It has been a tough day for Mark.... frustrations mounting with a fruitless job search and paying bills from dwindling funds.... It is hard not to worry sometimes.

This afternoon I needed to go to the grocery store, which, in itself can be kind of stressful for me... just trying to find the best way to stretch our food dollar (I pray my way through the store!). When we pulled into the parking lot, we saw a couple from church getting into their car. I waved hello, and as we got out of the car, the gentleman came walking over to us. He had just bought us a gift card in the grocery store! And here, we pull up just as they are leaving.... is that a God-thing, or what?

God definitely has a way of reassuring you just when you need it the most. When things like this happen, I find myself not only marveling at God, but also at other believers who must get a nudging from God to do something and respond immediatley to that call. That is probably one of the biggest lessons I'm learning in this process.... to listen and respond to God immediately. I wonder how many opportunities I've missed to bless someone because I questioned whether what I was hearing was God, or didn't respond quickly and forgot. I'm not going to let that happen anymore!

No comments: