Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Gifts

I cannot even know where to begin in sharing this week's struggles and blessings. We are finding amazing ways to save on the costs of the wedding... for many things, having no cost or very little cost. Yet, there are still financial strains because there are expenses that cannot be "got around". But with that added financial strain, God has increased the blessings these last few days to make up the difference! It is just so unbelievable.

We received some beautiful notes from fellow believers, encouraging us and holding us up in prayer. Thank you for the gift of prayer! We need them more than we can say... please continue to remember us in your prayers!! We received some gifts in the mail and some at church... all providing exactly what we needed at the exact time it was needed. He is never late... sometimes just on time, but never late! Earlier this week, I was going to Costco to get some things with my stomach in knots because I wasn't sure how much was left on a gift card and whether I could get everything I needed. I stopped at the mailbox on my way to the car and... gifts were waiting for me there... just what I needed. Thank you, fellow believers... you know who you are!

God keeps bringing to mind Elijah and the assurance.... "your flour and oil will remain unempty". And, He has been so very faithful to that.

No comments: