Thursday, July 13, 2006

He Cares About Cakes, Too

It had been several days since I posted, and now here I am, twice in one day. It is just one of those days that God redeemed out of the pit!

I'm making my son's wedding cake and the wedding is in a couple of weeks. I needed some plates and pillars for the cake and so I sent out an email to some of my friends asking if anyone had any Michael's coupons they weren't going to be using. 40% off could really help with the cost of making the cake. Some dear friends brought me coupons Wednesday which was a tremendous blessing. Then, another friend contacted someone she knew who is a cake decorator to see if she could loan me some things. She agreed to do that, so I got in touch with her today. Turns out she only lives one street away from me and had all of the non-consumable things that I needed. The "icing on the cake" is that she is so experienced in cake decorating, she gave me lots of tips that will make things easier and also pointers that may save me from disaster! I cannot even begin to tell you how helpful it was! Now, I can I use those Michael's coupons for some consumable items I need for the cake, like clear vanilla, at a greatly reduced price.

Thank you, God!

No comments: