Friday, January 26, 2007

He Shall Supply All Our Needs

We are so blessed with continued ways God provides... when we ready to eat our dinner each night I am always amazed that we are yet again able to fill the table! If you knew the numbers you'd say it just shouldn't be so! But, we have yet to miss a meal. It is amazing. A woman who heard Mark was still unemployed gave us some venison. A friend gave us some delicious banana bread. My sister-in-law blessed us with a box of Omaha Steaks; meats and side dishes. Hannah's birthday is Sunday and I joked that it would be nice not to have to have our usual something-with-ground-beef entree!

My kids are performing in a Madrigal dinner that benefits the Pregnancy Resource Center. They needed costumes and I knew we couldn't afford to rent them. God provided again... Someone loaned Hannah a lovely medieval-style dress that fits nicely and I have an offer of a costume for Paul... from someone who also raises very tall boys! Parker's costume is taken care of, too, through the choir's stock of medieval guard costumes. Wow, so amazing!

Paul is graduating this year and we were to pay graduation fees at our next planning meeting and I prayed about that over the last month. But, I was just told this week that the group would like to cover our fees as a gratuity for my being the church liaison. I'm so thankful!

On top of that I got a very part-time job... I thought it was going to be impossible to find a 2nd job that I could do with Mark's varying schedule, the kid's schooling, and my church work. A job with regular daily hours just wouldn't work unless I could do it from home. But, this job is working for a caterer and will have the option of saying yes or no to each event... so it is flexible enough that I should be able to work a few times a week when our schedules permit... every little bit helps.

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever."
Philippians 4:19-20

No comments: