Saturday, June 02, 2007

But God....

Let me tell you, there is no reason for us to have food on our table. None. But, God is a miracle worker. For the Isralites He provided manna from heaven; for the multitude listening to Jesus, he multipled the fish and bread; the widow at Zarephath, He did not allow her oil and flour to run out. He still does miracles today. We have had food in our freezer that has stretched so much longer than it should. I have had to buy very few groceries the last few weeks... we are blessed!

Last weekend we had family here for Paul's graduation. It was funny because after graduation every relative insisted on giving us money to order pizza for everyone... and none of them would take the change back. That change has actually turned out to be what bought our groceries this week! So, we say thank you to God for that provision! I didn't even realize at the time how much we'd need it this week, but God provided it before I even had to ask.

When I look at our situation from MY point of view, it seems impossible for our needs to be met now for almost 12 months... but God... don't you love that phrase....
BUT GOD never lets us down.

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26

Yet, I continue to behave like an Israelite. I'll be so glad when I am free from this affliction (probably not until heaven). I have SEEN His miracles, but I still have times when I slip back into despair, disappointment and grumbling. I know the problem... I start to focus on the obstacle and the "have nots". When I do, they become my giants and it causes me to forget what my God can do.

I have begged God to end this trial, but apparently God has His reasons for allowing it to continue.... maybe it is because the more desperate our situation gets, the deeper my caring and understanding for families with ongoing financial needs. This includes missionary families who subsist completely on financial gifts from fellow Christians. What we have experienced for just one year, is what many missionaries experience for their entire missionary career. Won't you remember a missionary family this week and ask the Lord to provide the funds for you to make a financial contribution to a missionary family? I just feel certain He will provide if you ask! Maybe that family is praying for God's provision right now, and YOU will be the tool God uses to bless them.
*

No comments: