Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oh, that You would bless me!

Our business partners from Ohio came to Missouri for a few days to help us with marketing and other things. They were supposed to come Monday and Tuesday, but they called and postponed the trip to Friday/Saturday. I was disappointed because I'd been keeping Mon/Tues open on my calendar, but Fri/Sat were definitely NOT open, which meant I couldn't participate much in their visit. However, hind site being 20/20 I think that it was a God-thing that they didn't come until the end of the week. Mark and I were plugging along earlier in the week, getting business things taken care of and feeling pretty good. But, by Thursday we were both a nervous wreck and stressing over a number of things Mark was having trouble getting set up.

Thursday was just a really frustrating and down day. But, when the guys arrived from Ohio on Friday, Mark told them the things we'd been struggling with and they settled us down, gave us some good advice, and helped us to see what needed to be done NOW and what could WAIT. Truly, the visit was well-timed and just what Mark needed to proceed to the next level of the business start-up activities. I thank God for his perfect timing!

Mark has had some very good meetings with people in the area who are key to his doing well in this business, and we believe that these will start producing fruit soon (you can pray about that!).

You might also thank the Lord for protecting our son who wrecked our car on Saturday night. He wasn't hurt.... but the car was. Financially, I think it won't kill us because Paul will pay the deductible, and he does have a job. You might just pray that the insurance issues work out smoothly. They asked some questions that concern me, but we'll just have to see how it all plays out.

Would you pray Jabez's pray for us??

Jabez cried to the God of Israel, saying,
"Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my border,
and that Your hand might be with me,
and You would keep me from evil so it might not hurt me!"
And God granted his request.

1 Chronicles 4:10

.

No comments: