Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Moses and Aaron and Hur


Could I ask you to REALLY pray for us this week!!? Could you agree in prayer with me over these things:

That God would bring work THIS month for Mark.
That God will begin to support us through this work, rather than through gifts from others.
That He would bolster us up and give us peace.... emotionally this has been a very difficult week... waiting, waiting, waiting. We have to wait for the jobs to come.

Don't get me wrong, we are still believing God to do a miracle in this... we're just tired and we are like Moses when he needed Aaron and Hur to support his arms during the battle between Israel and Amalek. I'm sure Moses had no doubt that God would prevail in that battle, he was just weak and tired and needed support. Likewise, we get tired, emotionally, spiritually, physically in this situation..... and we need to you hold up our arms for a little while.

On the upswing, I'll mention that God has again provided over the last week and a half in some amazing ways.... from a bag of groceries from a friend, a box of cleaning supplies from another, and a generous financial gift from another.... All meeting needs we had prayed about. Mark should get some money soon for a real estate transaction, too. I believe God has set everything in place to keep us afloat a little bit longer while waiting for the work to come. This morning, before we even received that financial gift and before the real estate transaction was completed, in my quiet time I read a scripture in 2 Kings that God used to tell me.... although we are still waiting and aren't going to see rain quite yet, that He will provide what we need until that time.... and I still believe He is assuring me that rain is on its way..... Just over the horizon!

Please take a moment to hold up our arms.... say a prayer for us today! Thank you SO much!

No comments: