Monday, October 23, 2006

Our Flour and Oil STILL Remain UNEmpty

As the weather turned cold, the kids have some needs... you know, last year's winter clothes don't fit, last year's shoes have holes or don't fit. It is always kind of stressful deciding what to spend money on and looking for ways to get what you need *cheap*! I was praying over these needs last week, asking for wisdom as to what to spend and what and where to buy, and for His continued provision. Then out of the blue on Sunday dear friends gave us some cards/gifts that I feel is God's answer for that particular need. It just amazes me that every time the needs grow the provisions grow. I'm almost embarrassed to report how good God is being to us! And, there is always a pride factor involved in accepting gifts from friends... but God keeps reminding me of Acts 2 .... it is the sign of a healthy church when it functions in this way. And, some day we will be in the position to again help others.

A little over a week ago, my cell phone fell into the kitchen sink (I don't know how, except I know that someone called while I was washing dishes and so I set it near the sink when I finished... so somehow it got knocked in after that). The sink was not full of water, but I think some water was ran over it because the phone functioned but the screen wouldn't. Last week I found out that it is very hard to use your cell phone without a screen! I tried taking the phone apart and letting it air out for 2 days. Still didn't work. I tried baking it in the oven on low heat for several hours (a solution found on the internet) but that didn't work. We looked on Ebay for used Cingular phones, but they were expensive. Paul's phone is having some problems, too, and we decided to go to Cingular to see if we could get new free phones with a renewal on our contract. But, there were no free phones. Then, Mark says, "Did you pray about the phones?" Duh. Maybe God would direct us to a solution.

Guess what? My phone's screen suddenly started functioning again yesterday! PTL!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds
in Christ Jesus."

Phil. 4:6

No comments: