Monday, October 30, 2006

Another Amazing Week

Okay, the week has just begun, but it is already amazing! I won't go into boring details about some little things we were needing,but once again, we were thinking about whether we should spend money on some things. (That can be the most exhausting part of our situation... just trying to make good decisions about spending the money we do have... cause we can't see into the future and don't know how long we are going to be without Mark's income.) Sunday night, a dear couple at church gave us a gift and we knew that we could go ahead with what we were needing, plus it gave us some grocery money. What a blessing!

So, today my son and I went to the grocery store and as I was walking down one aisle another dear woman I know came up and said, "I just bought you some chicken for dinner!!" She plopped it in my cart with the receipt so that I could show it was paid for and went on her way.

The people of the Lord are simply amazing!

Lest you think every prayer we pray is answered in this way, it isn't always so. We have been praying about an appliance that needs a repair this week and so far the Lord hasn't seen fit to fix it. But, we are alright with that. HE is the master of our moments, the Lord of all there is to know... if we truly needed it fixed He would see to it that it were done or give us peace about spending money on fixing it. So far we are living with it the way it is and it is just fine!

Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Ps. 9:10

No comments: