Friday, October 13, 2006

God is good

You might wonder about the last several day's silence here! We've been on a mission trip! It is good to be able to give!! We went to help a church that had their main building destroyed by a tornado. It was a good trip, lots accomplished. I thought I'd share from some Bible studies we had while we were there:

1) The Pastor used the story of Moses having his hands held up by Aaron and Hur (from Ex. 17:8-15) to describe what our mission team was doing for them. Thinking about that later, I realized that is much what you, our friends and family, are doing for us... in holding us up in prayer and sharing with us from what you have. Many times I grow weary with all that is on my mind and in trying to make what we have stretch... and then someone comes along and supports my arms with prayer or a gift or encouraging words.

2) At their Wednesday prayer service, we were studying a chapter in 1 Peter and it was very applicable to our situation and I'm sure to any of you who are also enduring a trial. So, I thought I'd close by sharing the scripture with you today in hopes that it might also be an encouragement to others:

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

1 Peter 5:6-10


No comments: