Monday, May 26, 2008

He is Faithful

Mark hasn't had any work for almost 2 weeks now, probably thanks to the phone company's mess up with our phone. So, I've been cooking out of the pantry/freezer... I was thankful we had those supplies to draw upon. Don't feel bad for us, we have food. But, on the way home from church last night, I was thinking about Memorial Day weekend and the fact that I would like to have our oldest son and daughter-in-law, and grandbaby over for a BBQ. As a matter of fact, I invited them without even knowing what we'd have. I was racking my brain, thinking what I might have at home that we could use for a BBQ. As I passed the grocery store, I really wanted to stop, but knew it would only create more angst within me. Immediately, I started telling God that I cannot take the stress anymore. That I'm soooo tired, and asking Him why He allows this situation to continue. I just drove and told God every stinkin' thinkin' thing I had in my head.

When I arrived at home, Mark said that a couple from church had dropped by with a card. When I opened it, I read, "Happy Memorial Day. Thank you for your living testimony." There was a grocery gift card inside. You might think that I'd jump for joy at that moment, but I was simply humbled from the top of my head to the tip of my toes. First of all, I wasn't feeling much like a living testimony at that moment! But, even more so, I was humbled that God is so faithful, even when I am not. It is such a beautiful display of His care and another one of those moments when His timing is so impeccable that I couldn't possibly think it was of anyone but Him. God must've set the wheels in motion for this couple to drop by with their gift when they did, before I had even begun my prayerful, weepy monologue on my drive home last night.

What an amazing example of His grace. So undeserving am I. So very faithful is He.

4 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

I come to check your blog often to see what God is doing in your life so I can feel a little closer to HIM.

Recently I have made it a point to read my Bible in the morning and spend time in prayer and it has been such a blessing.

I also have been praying that God would show me what we should pursue as far as adding more children to our family (I have one six year old boy).

I asked God to show me if HE wanted me to try to get pregnant or if HE wanted us to adopt and I asked HIM to have my husband bring up adoption if that is what we should do and the other night we had some alone time and were talking about whether we wanted to try to get pregnant or not (also discussing the insurance and medical costs) and out of no where my husband said, why don't we just adopt.

I just thought it was fair for me to share something with you when you are sharing so much with me whether you know it or not :)

It brings tears to my eyes reading your stories and seeing GOD so clearly answer my prayers.

Praise God, HE is so good.

LynnSC said...

Wow Kelly, Doesn't it feel so good when we realize that God never takes His eyes off of His children. He knows exactly what we need and when we need it. That is an awesome testimony. BUT... your testimony would still be great if you had to go home and eat a jelly sandwich because there was no card or gift card. The real honesty that you have with God and with us speaks volumes.

God is so good. And it has nothing to do with our bank accounts. I can so go with you on this. I am tired of my phone ringing off the hook... I have no answers for people... but I still know that my God is good. It never depends on my situation. It always depends on Him.

Thanks so much for sharing. It did remind me of a month ago when I went to the phone company to have our service restored... and the clerk told me that someone had just paid it about one hour before. Awe... that is what I have for my God.

Kelly said...

Lynn, Yes He is good ALL of the time, and is good whether He provided that gift card or not. There are plenty of times when, in His sovereignty, He says "no". I think that he chooses certain times to display his care and provision in such amazing ways... times when He wants to remind me that He is there and watching, and that I need not fear nor worry. He knew I needed to see His grace that day.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, inspiring story! I really love your blog. From what I have seen so far, you do a great job of noticing little miracles in your everyday life and sharing them to inspire others.

Thank you!