Thursday, November 01, 2007

God Blesses

Unfortunately, no work recently. The dry periods are pretty discouraging to be quite honest. I've been praying for God to make the work more consistent. Please pray with me about that. When the housing market recovers, things should get easier because Mark does get enthusiastic responses from folks he has worked with. We need wisdom to make good decisions in the interim.

On occasion, we still have blessings pop up when we need them most. Whenever possible, I buy groceries when God has provided cash to do so. It is extraordinary at times, how it comes into my hand. Recently, a friend again won a drawing at work and got a grocery store gift card. She passed it on to me and it was such a tremendous blessing as I planned and prepared to squeeze the biggest benefit out of that card! Another friend gave us a sack of groceries with cheeses and vegetables and nutrtious home ground flour. Since we use a lot of Panera's bread from our bread ministry (great w/ the cheeses) and because we have a vegetarian in the family, it couldn't be more perfect for our needs. Other times, help might come from book sales or extra work or selling school things we aren't using anymore. God is very creative in His provision.

I love to find ways to spend only $40-50 a week at the grocery store. Sometimes I'm not able to do it, especially weeks I have to buy meat, but it is always my goal. Some people have asked how I do it and maybe some day I'll start a web site just for that. But, it is definitely a challenge and I'm always learning more.

The bread ministry is good. We've been able to help many people who have serious financial difficulties. Most recently, our son became aware of someone who has absolutely no food, but works during our bread distribution time We're working out a way to make sure he gets bread each week. We only have maybe 6-8 families pick up bread at the church, but between deliveries and people who come by my house to get bread, we're probably ministering to more than a dozen families who need assistance.

Our second son's band has released their first CD. It is great! I can tell you how to buy one or listen to samples of the music if you contact me.

God bless you!!

No comments: