Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Wonderful Christmas!

Thanks to everyone who has kept us in their prayers through the holidays. We received so many Christmas cards blessing us with encouragement and prayers. I am amazed over and over again as to what a nice Christmas we had. I was dreading it this time of November... but came to throughly enjoy it in December. The kids all received gifts... a few needs, a few wants... My daughter asked for money because she was hoping to be able to put it all together for a special item we could not have afforded. With the Christmas money she got from us, her grandparents, aunts and uncles, along with money she's made babysitting and wrapping gifts (thanks Kim!) she was able to purchase that item.... a long held "wish" finally reached! (She had been trying to save for it for the whole last year, but since we couldn't help with youth group costs anymore her "nest egg" was depleted quickly this summer.) She was so thrilled that not only was she able to do that, she was able to buy Christmas gifts for her brothers and Mark and I.

God is a miracle worker... He truly is.

And, I must say again how blessed we are with our children! They haven't complained one bit, they've merely adapted during this trial. When I asked them what they wanted for Christmas, they all would say "nothing, really." (They had me believing it!!) Once we were blessed with a means to buy them gifts (through generous friends), they did come up with some ideas! But, they were modest ones... they still understood our situation and that not all of the money could/would go to gifts, but some needed to go to food and things we needed. Maybe I'm bragging, but I hope that you will understand I'm just expressing my joy over God's blessing!

Please keep our kids in your prayers, that God will become so precious to them in their hearts that they will walk closely with Him all of their lives.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that 2007 will be a blessed Year!

No comments: