Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Praises!

We are coming up on the 2nd year anniversary of the day when we first began to spread our wings and attempt to fly. I cannot believe it has been that long, yet another part of me says it has been the longest 2 years of our life!

We have a couple of praises to report. We have a major problem with our house and we were able to get a HUD grant to make some repairs. Praise God for a major blessing! There are still some details to work out... we'll be working with a tight budget and not sure yet we can do everything we need to do.

I also had another God-moment last week. I was putting off going to the grocery store because we had very little cash on hand. I had been cooking out of the freezer and pantry for a while.... which is not a bad thing, we did have food, but food combos can get pretty weird sometimes! :-) Wednesday a woman at church came up to me and said, "I don't know why, but God laid you upon my heart this week and I think I was supposed to give you this." It was a grocery gift card and a perfectly timed gift.

Again, thank you for your prayers and the many ways you all care for us.
May God be glorified!

1 comment:

Leah Wentzel said...

Hi Kelly!

My name is Leah. I noticed you don't have many comments on here, which surprises me, but I just had to tell you that I stumbled on your blog today and it stopped me in my tracks and I had to read it from the beginning, all the old posts I mean.

I guess I just wanted to say thank you for reminding me what life is about. I love all you stories of how God met you small, but very specific, need on a daily basis.
He is so good and I love to hear anyone speak of His grace, Mercy and love towards all of us. I am so thankful there are people out there that see God as I see God, He is so real.
Thank you for the encouragement today, reminding me that God will supply all my needs!!!

Leah