Thursday, December 13, 2007

Not what we wanted to hear...

Mark didn't get the inspection.This is one of those days when we just have to yield to the Almighty's sovereignty and know that He is in control even when it doesn't make sense in our earthly economy.

When a man doubts the sovereignty of God he shows himself to be Adam more than at any other time. He is saying, “God, I do not want you to run things; I want to run them.” But when a man says, “Yes, Lord, You can do with me what You please; You created me,” he accepts the sovereignty of God.

..... What is required of us is that we be so yielded to God that we can understand the nature of the place where He has put us, the nature of the assets He has put at our disposal; and that we should say to Him, “Lord, I would be faithful as I am, where I am, for Thee.”


excerpt from sermon by Donald Grey Barnhouse

No comments: