Friday, September 08, 2006

Loads of bread and other blessings!

The bread ministry lady called and said she had LOTS of bread and asked me if I might come get as much as I could use or share. When I arrived, I could see that God had been working, once again!....

hamburger buns -- my daughter had asked if we could have hamburgers a few days ago, but I checked and didn't have any buns in the freezer.... rather than going to buy some, I decided to wait a few days to see if God provided some... and He did!

Crescent rolls -- I just boiled a chicken and was thinking of having chicken salad today, but didn't have the right kind of bread for it.

Muffins -- we are low in breakfast cereal and now I don't have to buy any breakfast food for at least a few more days.

SHARING.... we've prayed that God would allow us the privilege of sharing with others, just as people have shared with us over the last three months. We were expecting that privilege when Mark got a job again, but this was an opportunity to share bread with some people we know who have financial strains, too. I thank God for that.

We also received some produce, home-grown plums and almonds... gifts from friends and family.... one of the kids commented that they thought we'd be hungry sometimes after Dad lost his job, but we really haven't. I told him that was because God promises to take care of us if we seek after Him.

Our living God is living still.

No comments: