Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bread

The day my husband lost his job, I received an email from an area church saying that they are giving out free bread on Fridays. I knew about the bread ministry there, but had kind of forgotten it. How timely (a God thing) that I'd receive this email on the very DAY that my husband lost his job.

This is very good bread that St. Louis Bread Company is donating... they bake everything fresh daily, so what is left at the end of the day is trash to them.... but this church is getting their leftovers to give away on Fridays. When I got to the place, there weren't many people there and so they loaded up three bags packed full of Bread Company bread for me. I put most of it in the freezer... we won't starve. :o) AND the kids had to take a sack lunch to eat on the bus as they left on the trip, and I made them grilled cheese on StL Bread Company's tomato bread... which is really yummy. Coldcuts are so expensive I wasn't sure what I was going to feed them... but I ended up sending them with something that was really a treat.

Praise the Lord!

No comments: